For one human being to sing from the depth of her soul is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks.
Lena Måndotter’s new album Prayers and Prophecies - recorded live at the Palladium; received excellent reviews and standing ovations from a deeply touched audience.
Her own songs - a musical journey into the mystery - in search of healing of the wounded soul of the world.
Soulful interpretations of Leonard Cohen, Patti Smith, Laurie Anderson and beautiful Hebrew and Greek songs.
Musicians: Lena Måndotter (Lead Vocals), Pierre Engström (guitars), Åsa Gjerstad (cello and harmony vocals) and Ronnie Hall (guitar, harmonica, bodhran-drum and harmony vocals)
Worldwide RELEASE DATE: 7th of November.
All songs recorded live at the Palladium in Malmö Sweden during the successful tour of 2016.
LENA MÅNDOTTER cd Live – Exclusive & Limited Edition
Lena Måndotter LIVE - exclusive & limited edition, release 2016.
Many of the songs on this cd was included in her successful tours 2013 - 2015.
Musicians on cd: Lena Måndotter (lead vocals), Åsa Gjerstad (chello/harmony vocals) and Pierre Engström (guitar/bouzouki).
Pdf with info about cd - read and download here.
Lena Måndotter single releases 2015 are live recordings
from the successful summer tour 2015 and these songs are available as
digital downloads at many internet sites: Itunes, Amazon, CDBaby, Spotify and many more sites.
The singer Lena Måndotter toured to some of Sweden's most known cathedrals in 2013 and the cd "Live at the Cathedral" is a collection of some live-recordings from this tour. Her intention was to perform songs that, through the years, have been very important to her and that her faithful audience often requested her to perform.
The artistic intention was to keep an intimate and organic acoustic
sound where the voice and each instrument was given a warm and atmospheric
space; just a trio with vocals, cello, guitar and bouzouki.
The album contains some of her own compositions and also interpretations of other songwriters like Eliza Gilkyson, Leonard Cohen, Stevie Nicks and Townes Van Zandt.
Lena Måndotter has travelled and lived in many countries, and therefore the album also contains some Greek and Hebrew hymns; some recorded with just her solitary voice in the grand chambers of the cathedral.
Her co-musicians on these live-recordings are Åsa Gjerstad (cello and harmony vocals) and Pierre Engström (guitars and bouzouki).
The album was recorded live by Ola Glans, mixed by Lotta Wenglén Margit Music Studio and mastered by Håkan Åkesson Nutid Studio in Sweden. CD-release by Kameleont Production (LMCD007)
Songs on the album LIVE IN THE CATHEDRAL:
1) HÅLL MITT HJÄRTA (Live) ( Lyrics/Music: Björn Skifs Björn, L-G Andersson, P Hallström)
2) LANDSLIDE (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Stevie Nicks)
3) ROSE OF SHARON (Live) (Lyrics/music Eliza Gilkyson)
4) IF IT BE YOUR WILL (Live) (Lyrics/music Leonard Cohen)
5) VAR INTE RÄDD (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Lars Moberg, Ylva Eggehorn)
6) SHIR HAMA'ALOT– Song of Ascents (Live) (Traditional Hebrew hymn Arr: Lena Måndotter)
7) THE WAY TO THE ROSE (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Lena Måndotter)
8) KYRIE TON DYNAMEON (Live) (Traditional Greek Hymn, Music: Stavros Kougioumtzis)
9) HELIG - Swedish Lullaby (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Lena Måndotter)
10) BY THE RIVERS DARK (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Leonard Cohen, Sharon Robinson)
11) IF I NEEDED YOU (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Townes Van Zandt)
12) INNAN GRYNINGEN (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Benny Andersson, Ylva Eggehorn)
13) NANOURISMA – Greek lullaby (Live) (Traditional Greek song, Arr: Lena Måndotter)
14) CALL ON HER (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Måndotter Lena)
15) HÅLL MITT HJÄRTA – with intro (Live) (Lyrics/Music: Björn Skifs Björn, L-G Andersson, P Hallström)
Innan Gryningen (Rootsy/Warner Music 2010, CD-single, ROOTSY1001)
(Lyrics/Music: Ylva Eggehorn/Benny Andersson)
Musicians: Lena Måndotter - vocals, Pierre Engström - guitar.
You can also buy the live-version of this song, from the Swedish tour 2013, and you will find it on cd LIVE AT THE CATHEDRAL, see information above).
The Way to the Rose (Rootsy/Warner Music 2010, ROOTSY035)
Lena Måndotter's The Way to the Rose; a collection of her own songs and interpretations of Julie Miller, Townes van Zandt and some traditional folk-songs
Co-musicians on the cd The Way to the Rose are Pierre Engström (acoustic guitars), Ronnie Hall (acoustic guitar, harmony vocals and harmonica) and Tiina Widerberg Olausson (harmony vocals)
SONGS on the cd THE WAY TO THE ROSE
1) I Still Cry (© J Miller)
2) The Way to the Rose (© L Måndotter)
3) My Songbird (© J Winchester)
4) Messiah Street (© L Måndotter)
5) If I Needed You (©T van Zandt)
6) Call On Her (© L Måndotter)
7) Water Turns to Wine (© L Måndotter)
8) I Will Arise (Trad.© Arr: L Måndotter)
9) Oh Come (Trad. © Arr. & Lyrics L Måndotter)
Songs from the River (Rootsy/Warner Music 2009, ROOTSY027)
"Last year Lena Måndotter released a very appreciated cd with interpretations of Songs of Leonard Cohen. This follow up cd Songs From The RIver" is a collection of her own songs and also interpretations of classic folksongs. Lena's dark, both mellow and intensive vocals binds it all together and creates a sense of wholeness.
Her own compositions are very impressive and the musical
instrumentation is intuitive and in perfect understanding with her
singing. This cd Songs From The River is one of my favourites, just
like her Cohen-cd. Now I am looking forward to a cd with only compositions
of Lena Måndotter. Her musical talent and capability is so obvious".
LIRA MUSIC-MAGAZINE, Jan Carlsson
Lena Måndotter (lead vocals and musical arrangemants all songs)
1) DEEPER WELL (© Music/Lyrics: Lena Måndotter) Åsa
Gjerstad – cello, Ronnie Hall – guitar, harmony vocals,
Pierre Engström – guitar)
2) THE WATER IS WIDE (trad. Scotland) Allan Skrobe - guitar, Lotta Wenglén – harmony vocals
3) LA LLORONA (trad.Mexico) Allan Skrobe: guitars, Lena Måndotter – harmony vocals
4) STO PA KAI STO KSANALEO (trad. Greece) Allan Skrobe – mandola, guitar
5) SHE WILL CARRY ME (©Music/Lyrics: Lena Måndotter) Åsa Gjerstad – cello, Ronnie Hall – harmonica, harmony vocals, Pierre Engström – guitar
6) BLACK IS THE COLOUR (trad. Ireland) Åsa Gjerstad – cello, Ronnie Hall and Lena Måndotter - harmony vocals, Johan Melin – guitar, Tim Adams –guitar-fills
7) A SWALLOW SONG (© R. Farina) Allan Skrobe: guitar
8) WAYFARING STRANGER (trad. USA, rewritten lyrics: Lena Måndotter)
Åsa Gjerstad – cello, Johan Melin – guitar, Ronnie Hall – harmonica, Tim Adams – guitar-fills, Lotta Wenglén and Melanie Harrold – harmony vocals
9) RUN FOR THE SUN MY CHILD (©Music/Lyrics: Lena Måndotter) Åsa Gjerstad – cello, Ronnie Hall – harmonica, harmony vocals, Pierre Engström – guitar
10) JOLENE (© D. Parton) Allan Skrobe: guitar, Lotta Wenglén – harmony vocals
11) NANOURISMA (trad. Greece) Pierre Engström – bouzouki
12) NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN (© J. Hayward) Pierre Engström – guitar, pedalsteel, Alexander Iberer – cello
13) AVINU MALKEINU (trad. Hebrew prayer) Allan Skrobe: mandola, guitar, harmony vocals
14) HEALING WATERS (© Music/Lyrics: Lena Måndotter Ronnie Hall – guitar, harmony vocals, Lena Måndotter – melodica
15) TO TELL THY LOVE (poem by William Blake)
Recorded by Lotta Wenglén at Margit Music Studio Malmö
Sweden (except track 13 recorded/mixed by Allan. Skrobe)
Mixed by Lotta Wenglén and Lena Måndotter.
Mastered by Carl Granberg in Lund Sweden
Produced by Lena Måndotter
Songs of Leonard Cohen (Rootsy/Warner Music 2008, ROOTSY017)
”I really like the Swedish singer Lena Måndotter’s
deep and intimate interpretations of Leonard Cohen’s songs.
The sparse and tasteful musical arrangements also leave the necessary
space for her strong though sensitive vocals. Acoustic guitar, bouzouki
and cello mirror very well the atmosphere of each song. It is difficult
to choose only one favourite-song but if I could only choose one it
would have to be ’By The Rivers Dark’. It suits Lena’s
voice perfectly!” JARKKO ARJATSALO The LeonardCohen -files
"Lena Måndotter's interpretations of Leonard Cohen's songs are very intuitive and exciting. A beautiful combination of the warmth of the solitary voice and tasteful musical arrangements."
SWEDISH NATIONAL RADIO P2, Marie Vesterholm
Lyrics/Music all songs: Leonard Cohen (except track 1) By The Rivers Dark: co-writer Sharon Robinson
and track 6) Take This Waltz; partly inspired of a poem by Federico Garcia Lorca) Copyright belongs to
publishers; see cd-cover
Lead vocals and musical arrangements all songs: Lena Måndotter
1) By The Rivers Dark (hamony vocals: Lotta Wenglén, acoustic
guitar, pedal steel and bouzouki:
2) Chelsea Hotel (harmony vocals and acoustic guitar: Allan Skrobe
3) Dance Me To The End Of Love (cello: Åsa Gjerstad, acoustic guitars: Olof Jennfors)
4) Hallelujah (harmony vocals: Lotta Wenglén & Melanie Harrold, Cello: Åsa Gjerstad,
acoustic guitar: Olof Jennfors
5) If It Be Your Will (harmony vocals: Lotta Wenglén, cello: Åsa Gjerstad, acoustic guitar: Olof Jennfors)
6) The Law (harmony vocals and cello: Åsa Gjerstad, acoustic guitar: Pierre Engström)
7) Take This Waltz (harmony vocals: Åsa Gjerstad, cello: Alexander Iberer, acoustic guitar: Pierre Engström
8) Famous Blue Raincoat (cello: Åsa Gjerstad and Alexander Iberer, pedalsteel: Pierre Engström
9) Sisters of Mercy (cello: Alexander Iberer, acoustic guitar: Pierre Engström)
10 Suzanne (harmony vocals: Åsa Gjerstad, cello: Alexander Iberer, acoustic guitar: Pierre Engström)
Songs Inside the Ruins (Rootsy/Warner Music 2008, Limited EP-edition, ROOTSY019)
Lead vocals and musical arrangements on all songs: Lena Måndotter
1) BLACK IS THE COLOUR (trad.) Harmony Vocals: LM and Ronnie Hall, Acoustic Guitar: Johan Bandling-Melin, Cello: Åsa Gjerstad, Guitar Fills: Tim Adams
2) JOLENE (Lyrics/Music: Dolly Parton) Harmony Vocals: Lotta Wenglén, Acoustic Guitars: Allan Skrobe
3) A SWALLOW SONG (Lyrics/Music: Richard Farina) Acoustic Guitar: Allan Skrobe
4) WAYFARING STRANGER (trad.) Harmony vocals: Lotta Wenglén & Melanie Harrold, Acoustic guitar: Johan Bandling-Melin, Harmonica: Ronnie Hall, Cello: Åsa Gjerstad, Guitar fills: Tim Adams
5) NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN (Lyrics/Music: Justin Hayward) Acoustic Guitar/pedalsteel: Pierre Engström, Cello: Alexander Iberer
6) NANOURISMA (trad.) Bouzouki: Pierre Engström
Recorded by Lotta Wenglén at Margit Music Studio in Malmö
Mastered by Carl Granberg in Lund Sweden
Produced by Lena Måndotter & Nanouk
CD Temenos by Lena Måndotter & Skin to Skin
Temenos is a Greek word; referring to a sanctuary - the inner room of a temple.
The music is ambient and atmospheric and perfect for meditation and dance.
Temenos had it’s premier at Malmö Konsthall in Sweden (2001) in an audio visual installation created by Lena Måndotter & Skin to Skin.
Some of the songs are also used by the internationally known American dance company Momix in their creation Alchemia.Composers are Lena Måndotter, Ronnie Hall, Thomas Rodrick and Jörgen Wernefelt.
You can order the album Temenos here http://www.waveformhq.com/temenos.html
Singer Lena Måndotter has earlier also released a series of
cds with the group Skin to Skin;
"Walking on Water" (chameleon records 2001), In the Shadow of Love (s2s records 1999) "Live Acoustic" (chameleon records 2000 and "Temenos" (Waveform Records 2001).
Lena Måndotter has also contributed on the cd "Songs For Tibet" (together with artists Mikael Wiehe, Tomas Ledin, Thomas di Leva and many more)